When writing articles here:
- Use Basic English vocabulary and shorter sentences. This allows people to understand normally complex terms or phrases.
- Write good pages. The best encyclopedia pages have useful, well-written information.
- Use the pages to learn and teach. These pages can help people learn English. You can also use them to make a new Wikipedia to help other people.
- Simple does not mean short. Writing in Simple English means that simple words are used. It does not mean readers want basic information. Articles do not have to be short to be simple; expand articles, add details, but use basic vocabulary.
- Be bold! Your article does not have to be perfect, because other editors will fix it and make it better. And most importantly, do not be afraid to start and make articles better yourself.
Anna Kournikova (born June 7, 1981, in Moscow, Russia, then USSR) (Russian: Анна Сергеевна Курникова) is a Russian model and retired professional tennis player. She has won two Grand Slam doubles tournaments, both with Swiss player Martina Hingis. In 1999, the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) said she was the best doubles player in world. She has also played tennis for Russia in an international competition called the Fed Cup.
Kournikova played in her last Grand Slam tournament in 2003. Since then she has modeled clothes and played in exhibition tennis matches. Although she was born in Russia, she now lives in Miami, Florida, in the United States. She has appeared in several advertisements mainly about tennis. As of July 2008, her boyfriend is Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias.